Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Wiping Dirty Corrupted Records Clean

A Christian thought to ponder…

What if Christians just viewed each other’s past records as wiped clean, embraced and loved one another the way Jesus’ did.

Acts 3:19  “Repent, therefore, and reform your lives, so that the record of your sins may be cancelled, and that there may come seasons of revival from the Lord…”

Each of us has a record of our own life known before God even created us. Some of us have clean records, some of us not so clean and some of us have dirty corrupted records. Where does your lie? Mine lies in the middle between not so clean and dirty side. I am not perfect and truly I don’t deserve any kind of forgiveness for I have lied, stolen, envied, worshipped idols, followed other religions, broken hearts, and ruined lives and so on and so on. I have failed God in so many ways since I knew right from wrong, and I continue to fail Him. I strayed from God, I ranned from God, and I disappointed God. God knew I needed a reboot and my system wiped cleaned before I even dropped to my knees.



Because of those dirty corrupted records, I often think how or why would God ever want me to serve Him. I am so unworthy, but I know, that He loves me and forgives me. So how can one get past that feeling of unworthiness and not let the enemy cloud our hearts and minds with fears, doubts, sadness, regret and bitterness?  Keep focusing on God, grow in your relationship with Him by praying to Him and reading His word every day. People in this world may hate and despise you, but if you demonstrate to them and the world just exactly the way Jesus wants you to live with love, kindness and forgiveness just maybe you might lead others to Christ and you might lead others closer to Christ.  For it says in Ephesians 4:32 that we are to “Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.”  It is difficult when you don’t see those same Christ-like qualities (and I am so guilty of this as well) within  the Christian community. Instead, you are more apt to get cold deathly stares or an icy cold shoulder from other Christians that are quick to condemn you or ostracize you because of those past records.  And we who are the fallen and broken, let those past records and those non-Christ-like characteristics we encounter hinder us from achieving God’s goals or hinder us from helping God complete His work. Instead, we begin to focus on ourselves and how people dislike us, hate us and how much of a disappointment we are to God and others. We let the enemy take out the joy of realizing that those marred black-stained corrupted records have been wiped clean. We have a clean new record. We have been born again! Hallelujah!!! Begin focusing on God and His plans not the plans of the enemy who wants to prevent people from drawing closer to God. We cannot erase those dirty corrupted records on our own. Only Jesus can erase those records that mar our lives.  Jesus died on the cross to save us from those darkly blotted records. Seek Jesus, repent and ask him to forgive you of all those black corrupted marks upon your records. Focus on God’s plan to reach those who are lost and reach out in brotherly and sisterly love towards everyone.

Jesus,

I love you so much. Thank you for always being there for me, standing by my side and being my Rock. Thank you for dying on the cross for all our sins for providing us clean new records. Thank you so much for your love, grace and mercy for warmly loving us and embracing us and accepting us despite those dirty corrupted records.  Amen!
May you have a blessed week!
Carol