|Stock Photo by Free Images http://www.freeimages.com/|
I believe Christians cannot and should not shove the Bible down people’s throats, but we are to be examples of God’s word and to share the Word with others willing to listen. But sometimes, no matter how hard you try to explain and quote scripture, people will not see that what they are doing is wrong unless God wills it so. Many are blinded to the truth due to the enemy’s deceiving tactics. You can only plant the seed, let God do the rest of the work. Fans and not devoted followers of the faith will only see what they want to see as well, twisting and adding words to Bible so as not to offend people. You would think that deep down in their hearts and minds that they would see that the direction this nation is going is in the wrong direction. Christians must remain strong and faithful. As pastor Greg Laurie states, “We must stand our ground”. It will and has come to the point where Christians are going to have to make a choice as to which side of the fence they are on. Are they on the side of the fence that represents the true Word of God or are they on the side the of the fence that represents the secular world and compromises and twists the words of the Bible aiding and abetting the enemy to do his deceitful and cunning work. Fifty years ago this nation had prayers in school, families sat down at the dinner table said grace and ate together, and they raised their right hand over their hearts and pledge allegiance to God and one nation. Now after the Supreme Court’s decision, God has been completely taken out of the family picture and this nation has deemed itself above God. We are a nation patterning ourselves after ancient Rome and we will soon meet the very same fate… a condemned country headed towards dictatorship, control and uncertainty. As disobedience, wickedness and pagan acts saturate this country it is only understandable that God should punish this nation, as we have become a nation that has directly violated His laws.
Why Should Christians Care?
Because Jesus gave us a task to reach out to those who do not know him and to share the Good News.
“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:19-20 (NKJV)
So what is the Good News? That despite your sins and/or sinful past God loves you, we love you and He has a plan for you. The only thing that is required of you to be a follower of Jesus Christ is to seek him in prayer, ask him to forgive you of your sins and accept Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior. For
Jesus said to Thomas and to all believers, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” John 14:6 (ESV)
Is Homosexuality a Sin?
Well, according to the Bible it is. “Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.” Leviticus 18:22 (KJV) and Romans 1: 22-32 (KJV) makes it quite clear the fate of all who practice such immoral sexual acts.
“22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.”
According to the secular world homosexuality, is not a sin and it is a discrimination to think or state otherwise. If you are a believer in God’s Word, you have to take a stand and decide this very moment are you for God’s Word or are you against God’s Word. There is no standing in the middle with a foot in this world and a foot in God’s world. We are to set are minds on the things above not on the things of this earth as it states in Colossians 3:2 (KJV) “Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.”
We are all born with sin. None of has a right to point a finger and condemn one another. But traditional marriage is defined by God as one man and one woman, despite the fact that the media and many so-called Christians and non-believers try to convince people otherwise. For it states in Mark 10: 6-9 (KJV),
“6 But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.
7 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife;
8 And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.
9 What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.”
This controversy is not about hating homosexuals. How can we hate those whom God loves? It’s about God’s design for the sacred union of marriage between a man and a woman, not Adam and Adam or Eve and Eve, but Adam and Eve. But as this country moves forward, it moves further and further away from the Christian beliefs our founding fathers once held. Christians will soon be the minority and the media will do its best job to paint Christians out as the evildoers. Yet all along, our main goal is to just help gather and bring our Shepherd’s lost sheep back to him and to aid those being led astray. Many of us Christians have walked the path into darkness and have been led astray, it’s a darkness that blinds you from the truth, hardens your heart and deceives you into believing that what you are doing is right and not wrong. We know how strong the enemy is and how he yearns to take down as many people as he can until the bitter end.
Yet through this controversy, we are to love one other, but that does not mean Christians should condone a sinful lifestyle. We need to reach out to those who do not believe, help them get to know God. Once they get to know God, all the sins that take up one’s life will begin to disappear, one will not crave them anymore, but just crave and yearn to have a deep personal relationship with Jesus. I know for he has helped me. I am a sinner. Non-believers and fans read the book of Matthew http://www.esvbible.org/Matthew+1/ and then the book of John http://www.esvbible.org/John+1/ Get to know Jesus! Darkness is surrounding this world, satan is trying his best to deceive and confuse us all. Don’t let him win. God knows we are not perfect. We are all born with sin. Bring it to his feet and let Him help you, let him show you through His Words what His design and plan is.
God’s Design for Family
- Created Adam to care for all living things.
- Created Eve to be Adam’s companion and helper.
- Adam and Eve are joined in unity become as one flesh for Eve was made from Adam’s rib.
- Parents to raise their children up to walk in His ways and to know and love Him.
"This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh;she shall be called ‘woman,’for she was taken out of man. That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh”(Genesis 2:23-24)
In Matthew 19:4-5, Jesus reaffirms this: "He answered, ‘Have you not read that he who made them from the beginning made them male and female,’ and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one’?"
- To make himself known to all men and women.
- That no one should perish but repent and accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
- To have a personal relationship with you.
Satan’s Design for Family
- Deceive Eve in the Garden of Eden to cause the downfall of man and to prevent the Messiah from being born
- Through divorce
- Through homosexual marriage
- Through polygamy
- Through pre-marital sex
- Through abortion
- Through transgender
- Through death
- To cause pain, torment, depression, sadness and disconnection.
- To deceive and confuse as many of God’s people as possible
- To have people disregard the truth of the Bible.
- To have Christians compromise and be apathetic towards God’s word.
- Manipulate and deceive non-believers that they were born this way or it is the only solution.
- To portray Christian’s that they are hateful people.
- To undermine and twist God’s words about sinful acts and being obedient to God.
- To portray God and believer’s in a negative light.
- Use non-believing government employees and the nation’s leaders to achieve his agenda.
- Use the media to twist the truth about God and true followers of Jesus Christ.
- Use the race card (yet it is not an issue of African American, Caucasian, Asian or Native American etc.) to target against Christians to avoid the issue that homosexuality is actually a sexual preference and lifestyle people choose by their own free will.
- To harden the hearts of Christians who are not true followers of Jesus Christ; to stir up hate and cruelty.
- To destroy God’s people who are a reflection of God.
- To elevate himself above God.
Where Christians have Failed
Each and every one of us has failed, but we can be thankful and sing praises for those who have been saved.
- Not being warm, welcoming, loving and accepting of ALL people/sinners who walk in through the church doors.
- Being hateful, mean and cruel.
- Not reaching out to those lost, hurting, lonely and feeling disconnected.
- Not letting God be the one to change the sinner.
- Not teaching children about God’s design for family.
- Closing the church door to God and not letting Him fill His holy place with His presence.
- Not teaching and sharing the true Word of God.
- Compromising beliefs and twisting the truth.
- Not sharing with others of own experiences with battling with sin and how God helped triumph over those sins.
What Christians Need to do Now
- Pray for those who are still lost.
- Pray for this world.
- Give thanks to those who have been saved.
- Reach out to those who are lost.
- Share with those who are lost how God rescued you from the darkness and brought you into the light.
Testimonies from Homosexuals who Found Christ & Changed Their LivesThese are just a few. There many testimonies out on the internet and within churches.