Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Calling Upon God's Name


Stock Photo by Lightstock


A thought to ponder...

Many of us Christians may seem fine on the outside, but no one can truly see what inward battles and struggles we go through each and every day against the enemy. The enemy viciously attacks us neverendingly to bring us down to our knees. Score one for the enemy, or so he thinks. 
However, we anger and infuriate the enemy when we are down upon our knees, looking up and seeking the Lord. When we are feeling worthless and empty, God beckons us to call upon His name. God loves each one of us, and He will never abandon us. He lifts us up when we are down. He holds us in His arms and comforts us when in distress. He brings us joy when there is sorrow. He gives us hope when all looks dim. 

King David sought refuge and peace in the Lord and knew God heard his pleas. In Psalm 55: 16-18 he wrote:
"As for me, I shall call upon God, And the LORD will save me. Evening and morning and at noon, I will complain and murmur, And He will hear my voice. He will redeem my soul in peace from the battle which is against me, For they are many who strive with me".
God hears our pleas and cries. He wants to wipe away all of our tears and fears. He wants us to call upon his name to seek him in all that we do. All we have to do is call upon his name: 

Lord, Jesus, 
I humbly beseech your help. Darkness surrounds me, and You are my only beacon of light. You are my anchor, my strength, and my guide. I cannot overcome these vicious attacks without You. Please help me to withstand the attacks from the enemy, and please place a shield about me to protect me. Help me to stay focused on you and help me to trust in You always. Thank you for your love, your mercy, and your kindness. Thank you for always being by my side and always listening to my prayers. 
May Your will be done. 
Amen.
May you all have a blessed week!
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment